June 2019 //
- Similar to what was noted in last year’s study, “software defined technologies” and cloud native applications continue to be the areas furthest along in the deployment process.
- When drawing comparisons between the US and UK markets, it is noted that pushing applications to the cloud is greater among those in the UK, with close to 50% expecting to have half of applications in the cloud within 12 months, compared to only 29% in the US.
- Within a public cloud infrastructure, F5 is most often identified as the LB of choice.
- F5 and Citrix are most commonly used ADCs
- Cloud native ADCs showing strength in future purposes
- Regardless of market/segment, ‘security related issues’ are most commonly recognized as the greatest concern when utilizing cloud native ADC.
- Although current satisfaction levels with providers are neutral to positive, a majority of respondents acknowledge they would be open to considering a change from their incumbent ADC vendor.
- Respondents in the UK are more satisfied across all attributes tested than their respective US counterparts.