October 2016 – Prepared by Zeus Kerravala
Wi-Fi issue prevalence
- Wi-Fi related issues are more commonly reported compared to other network issues. However, when a user reports a Wi-Fi problem, more often than not it is actually associated with other network-related issues.
- Wi-Fi issues are slightly less prevalent in on-premises centrally managed networks.
- Education industries (higher education and K-12 schools) have more prevalent Wi-Fi issues compared to general enterprise.
- The most commonly reported Wi-Fi issues are
- Wi-Fi association (40%)
- Wi-Fi performance (23%)
- General complaint related to Wi-Fi network (23%)
- The most common root causes are Wi-Fi association, roaming, and related problems.
- Improving Wi-Fi network association thus would likely eliminate a large portion of existing Wi-Fi complaints and problems.
Please Login or Register to Download This Report
Not a member yet? Please register!