The annual Enterprise Connect event was held in Orlando last week. I had a number of speaking slots at the event, including as one of the panelists on the final session of the conference, the Locknote. One of the questions that co-chair Fred Knight asked me was what was new at this year’s event, to which I responded that I hope the term “conferencing” is stricken both from our vocabulary and our corporate collaboration tools. Conferencing tools are typically single-purpose tools that aren’t integrated with any other collaboration tool. Think of the audio conferencing bridge that you use, or web collaboration tool or video system. All good tools, but not integrated with one another. In fact, we often use more than one in a single collaborative session.
- Riverbed absorbs WIFi vendor Xirrus, reaches for the edge of the network - Network World
- Fortinet extends security fabric automation across cloud environments - ETCIO.com
- Avaya Files Chapter 11 Reorg Plan - No Jitter
- Avaya plan deploys network virtualization, segmentation to guard business jewels - Network World
- Fortifying the SD-WAN Story - No Jitter
Posts Tagged ‘visual conversations’