Well 2011 is winding down now and this past year was certainly a big year of change in the network industry. The industry saw the introduction of “fabrics” into data centers with several traditional network vendors ship product this year. In addition, hot start up Arista flexed its muscles and started making traction, particularly in the financial services vertical. But alas, 2011 is coming to an end and its time for some predictions. So, for 2012 here is what I expect to see in the network industry.
- Cisco closes AppDynamics deal, increases software weight - Network World
- Software-Defined Networking Aids HIT Infrastructure Advancement - HITInfrastructure.com (blog)
- Cisco's Jasper deal – one year, 18 million new IoT devices later, challenges remain - Network World
- Cisco reinforces HyperFlex hyperconvergence system with power, management features - Network World
- AWS blames a typo for outage - Networks Asia
Posts Tagged ‘predictions’