For a couple of years now, Cisco CEO John Chambers has been proclaiming that Cisco will be the world’s No. 1 IT vendor. This proclamation has been met with mixed reactions as the IT community has many large, incumbent vendors already. Over the years, though, Cisco has proven to be the master of market transitions by moving into markets with large incumbents and quickly grabbing a leadership position. Voice and servers are two examples where many thought Cisco had no shot, and now the company stands as the dominant provider in both.
- Avaya plan deploys network virtualization, segmentation to guard business jewels - Networks Asia
- Riverbed absorbs WIFi vendor Xirrus, reaches for the edge of the network - Network World
- Fortinet extends security fabric automation across cloud environments - ETCIO.com
- Avaya Files Chapter 11 Reorg Plan - No Jitter
- Fortifying the SD-WAN Story - No Jitter
Posts Tagged ‘global intercloud’