For a couple of years now, Cisco CEO John Chambers has been proclaiming that Cisco will be the world’s No. 1 IT vendor. This proclamation has been met with mixed reactions as the IT community has many large, incumbent vendors already. Over the years, though, Cisco has proven to be the master of market transitions by moving into markets with large incumbents and quickly grabbing a leadership position. Voice and servers are two examples where many thought Cisco had no shot, and now the company stands as the dominant provider in both.
- Cisco closes AppDynamics deal, increases software weight - Network World
- Software-Defined Networking Aids HIT Infrastructure Advancement - HITInfrastructure.com (blog)
- Cisco's Jasper deal – one year, 18 million new IoT devices later, challenges remain - Network World
- Cisco reinforces HyperFlex hyperconvergence system with power, management features - Network World
- AWS blames a typo for outage - Networks Asia
Posts Tagged ‘cisco partner summit 2014’